2-3 Tbsp. of Nescafe instant coffee
2-3 Tbsp. hot water
3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk (about 1/2 can)
2 1/2 cups whipping cream
splash of vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. coffee liqueur
Honey Roasted Figs
approx. 16 figs, rinsed and quartered
1 cup Attiki honey
2-3 Tbsp. water
fresh ground pepper
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Pour your instant coffee into a cup along with the hot water and stir until coffee has melted.
- Pour the coffee mixture into a large bowl along with the condensed milk, whipping cream, vanilla and coffee liqueur and whip with your hand mixer (or use your KitchenAid stand mixer) until whipped to almost stiff peaks.
- Pour into a plastic tub, cover and place in your freezer overnight.
- The next day, place your quartered figs in a deep baking dish just big enough to hold them. Pour the honey over the figs, ground pepper, cinnamon and pour some water into the dish. Cover with foil and bake in a pre-heated 450F oven for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 5 minutes, take out of the oven and allow to cool.
- To serve, scoop some ice cream in a bowl and top with one or two fig segments and some pan juices.