12-14 cups of hot chicken stock
2-3 cups of cooked chicken meat (I pick off the meat from carcass used to make stock)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 large onion, diced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
2 stalks of celery, diced
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
1/2 head of broccoli, cut into florets then quartered
1 cup of trimmed and chopped green beans
1/2 cup of kritharaki (or orzo)
2 large eggs
juice of one lemon
1. Into a large pot, add your olive, onions, carrots, celery and parsley and turn the heat to medium and cover. Allow the vegetables to sweat for 15 minutes. Now add the hot stock, bring up to a boil and the lower to simmer, cooked for 30 minutes.
2. Now add the broccoli, beans and kritharaki and simmer for another 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, crack your eggs into a medium bowl and add the lemon juice, whisk until incorporated. Set Aside.
4. Once your pasta has cooked, take off the heat, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and make your Avgolemono: while whisking the egg/lemon mixture, slowly pour 4-5 ladles of hot liquid from soup then slowly poured tempered egg/lemon mixture back into soup.
5. Stir, allow to set for 5 minutes, serve.