1 kg. (2.2 lbs.) chicken wings
4-5 cloves of garlic, finely minced
1 small onion, passed through your box grater
zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
1/2 tsp. ground allspice
1 tsp. ground black pepper
2 tsp. fine sea salt
2 Tbsp. fresh thyme (2 tsp. if dry)
1/4 cup olive oil
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients for the marinade together. Have a quick taste and adjust to your tastes.
- Rinse your chicken wings under cold water, strain and pat-dry, Add your wings into the bowl with the marinade and toss until well-coated with the marinade. Place in your fridge overnight.
- When you’re ready to grill, take your wings out of the fridge and allow them about 20 minutes to return to room temperature. Pre-heat your gas grill. Brush off any excess residue on your grill surface and set the heat for a medium-high. Wipe the grill surface with an oil-treated towel before grilling.
- Place your chicken wings on your hot-grill. Do not leave unattended as flare-ups can and will occur when grilling chicken wings. Grill your wings for 3-4 minutes a side.
- If using your oven, pre-heat the oven to 425F and set the rack to the 3 position from the top. Line a baking tray with foil or parchment paper and treat with cooking spray. Lay your wings out on the tray and when the oven is ready, bake your wings for 20 minutes and then flip. Bake for another 15 minutes or until crisp and brown.
- Serve the wings alongside with some lemon wedges and your favourite hot sauce