3-4 zucchini, well-rinsed
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 heaping Tbsp. of corn starch
Approx. 1 tsp. fine sea salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
Vegetable oil for frying (I prefer sunflower oil)
1. Rinse your zucchini well and pat-dry. Using a mandoline or a sharp knife, cut into very thin slices (1/8 inch). You may cut long thin slices down the length of the zucchini, across to make thin coins or on a bias to make tongue-like slices.
2. Pre-heat your vegetable oil in a medium pot, wok or dedicated deep-fryer. You will need enough oil to fill the vessel about 2-3 inches deep. Place your candy thermometer in the oil and wait/watch for the oil to reach a temperature of between 365-375F.
3. In the meantime, Mix the flour, corn starch, salt and pepper in a bowl with a fork. Dab your finger in t he flour and taste and adjust seasoning accordingly. Lightly dredge your slices of zucchini in the flour and reserve on a plate/platter.
4. When your oil has reached 365-375F, remove your candy thermometer and drop your first batch of dredged zucchini slices. Fry until golden and remove with a slotted spoon or spider and place on a paper-lined plate or platter. Sprinkle with some salt and serve immediately with some homemade Tzatziki.
5. Continue to fry in batches.