1 – 8 inch springform pan (treated with cooking spray)
2 cups of ground graham crackers (about 30)
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
3/4 stick of melted unsalted butter
1/2 cup sesame snaps
1 1/2 blocks of room temperature cream cheese (about 12 oz.)
1 cup crumbled Feta cheese (about 4 oz.)
3 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
2 cups plain yogurt
zest of 1 lemon
splash of vanilla extract
pre-heated 325F oven
1. In a bowl, add ingredients for the base and mash everything together using a fork until well incorporated. Gently spread the mixture on the bottom of the springform pan and press-down with a measuring cup or a heavy glass. Place in the fridge.
2. Meanwhile, make the filling by placing the room temperature cream cheese and crumbled Feta in a bowl and beat on low speed with an electric mixer for a minute or until smooth. Now add the eggs one at a time into the mixture and beat until incorporated then add the sugar and continue beating until creamy.
3. Scrape down the sides with a spatula an add the yogurt, lemon zest and vanilla and mix until incorporated. Take your springform out of the fridge and pour the filling into the pan and gently jiggle to even out the top. Place the springform pan on top of a large sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil and fold up the sides (prevent water from seeping into cheesecake). Place the pan into a roasting pan and add enough boiling water into the pan to come halfway up the springform to create a “bain marie”.
4. Place in your pre-heated oven for 45 minutes. The cheesecake will still jiggle when removed from the oven but will set as it cools. Cool for 45 minutes then place in the fridge for 4 hours to overnight.
5. Remove the cheesecake from the fridge and run a knife around the sides to loosen it from the springform and unfasten the springform and transfer to a plate/platter. Cut thin wedges with a thin knife and place on a plate with a heaping tablespoon of cherry spoon sweet and a sesame snap garnish.