(Makes 32 twists)
1 package of PC Butter Puff Pastry, thawed overnight in your fridge
approx. 1/4 cup of Cretan black olive paste
1 egg, beaten
1. Sprinkle some flour on your work surface place one sheet of pastry on top. Place about 1/4 cup of olive paste on the pastry and spread evenly all over the surface with an off-set spatula.
2. Now place the second sheet of puff pastry over the other and lightly press down.
3. Take a pizza cutter and cut 16 (1 cm) ribbons along the widest side of the pastry. Now dissect those ribbons in half and you have 32.
4. Pre-heat your oven to 425F and place some parchment on a large baking tray. Carefully separate the ribbons and twist the ends in opposite directions to form a spiral and place on the tray.
5. Brush the tops with eggwash and place in your pre-heated oven (middle rack) for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Serve warm or room temperature (or you can make earlier that day and reheat before serving).