1)The 2nd Annual Greek Canadian games. June 3-4th, 2017. Bill Crothers SS, Markham, Ontario. Not for Profit Organization run by Volunteers who are local Young Greek Canadian Professionals. The Mission statement is: «To connect and engage Greek-Canadian youth through sport and competition, while promoting Greek culture, community, and a healthy lifestyle.»
2) Sold out with over 400 athletes, 160 Volunteers.
3) Global Ambassador: Olympic Gold Medalist Ioannis Melissanidis. Ioannis won the Gold Medal in Atlanta in 1996 and is the youngest Olympic Gold mehttps://greekpress.ca/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=pagedalist in the history of men’s gymnastics, and Greece’s first in gymnastics in 100 years. He has two vaults named after him in the code of points, was a torch bearer in the final leg of the opening ceremonies in Athens …2004, and was an ambassador for the 2015 Special Olympics in Los Angeles. After retirement, he has studied theatre at RADA in London, and at AADA in Los Angeles. We are thrilled to have him as the GCGs Global Ambassador!
4) Community Ambassadors. Marisa Papaconstantinou was born without her right foot but did not let that slow her down. She competed at the Rio 2016 Paralympic Games. She is ranked 9th in the world in the 100m and 3rd in the world, in the 200m sprint in her class. At 16 she was the youngest competitor in her events by at least 4 years at both the World Championships and Paralympic game. Kristin Papaconstantinou dreams of becoming a lawyer and one day competing at the university and international levels for soccer.
1) The Palace restaurant 630 pm next Thursday June 1st, with GCG Committee, global ambassador, Community Ambassador and Platinum Sponsors.
2) The Greek Canadian Games will take place:
Saturday, June 3rd
7:00 – 8:00 – Arrive at Bill Crothers Secondary School for Registration and Setup
8:00 – 8:30 – House Orientation (in the Gym) 8:30 – 9:00 – Opening Ceremonies
9:00 – 12:30 – Morning Sports/Activities
12:30 – 13:30 – Volunteer Lunch Sponsored by Pita Pit
13:30 – 17:30 – Afternoon Sports/Activities
17:30 – Parents/Guardians Pick Up Athletes from Bill Crothers
17:30 – 18:00 – Cleanup
Sunday June 4th
7:30 AM– Arrive at Bill Crothers Secondary School for Registration and Setup. Report to your stations
8:30 – 9:30 – Divine Liturgy
10:00 – 12:45 – Morning Sports/Activities
12:45 – 13:30 – Volunteer Lunch Sponsored by Pita Pit
13:30 – 16:30 – Afternoon Sports/Activities
16:30 – 18:30 – Closing Ceremonies Panigiri
18:30 – Parents/Guardians Pick Up Athletes from Bill Crothers