3 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
1 large eggplant, sliced
3 zucchini, sliced
2 medium onions, thinly sliced (divided in 2)
5-6 cloves of garlic, sliced
2 medium tomatoes, sliced
1 cup of chopped fresh parsley (divided in 2)
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 cubanelle pepper, sliced
1 medium hot pepper, sliced
4 scallions, chopped
1/2 cup tomato puree
3 cups of water
1 cup of olive oil
3 bay leaves
2 tsp. dry Greek oregano
sea salt and black pepper
Pre-heated 425F oven
- Drizzle the bottom of your pan with some olive oil. Cover the bottom with a layer of potatoes, followed by the eggplant slices and then the zucchini slices.
- Top with your garlic, 1/2 your onion slices, parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Continue layering with your tomatoes, followed by the red and green (cubanelle) and hot peppers, then the remaining onion slices.
- Top with the chopped scallions, remaining parsley, bay leaves, oregano and pour the water, tomato puree, olive oil and season again with sea salt and ground pepper.
- Place in the upper-middle rack of your oven for approx. 1 hour or until the top is golden brown the liquid has thickened.
- Serve with bread and Greek feta on the side.