4 fillets of sole
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cups of vegetable cocktail juice (V8)
1 Tbsp. of tomato paste
12 pitted black olives, halved
1 medium onion, grated
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tsp. dried Greek oregano
salt and pepper to taste
Pre-heated 375F oven
- Brush some vegetable oil on your fish fillets and season both sides with salt and pepper and carefully roll each fillet and secure with a toothpick. Place on an oiled baking dish and place in the oven for 20-30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, add your olive oil, grated onion, tomato paste and garlic and saute on medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until the onions have softened.
- Add the tomato juice, bring to a boil and simmer until it’s reduced to a thick sauce. Take off the heat, add the oregano and olives and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Reserve and keep warm.
- When your fish is cooked, spoon the tomato and olive sauce onto each plate, place the rolled fillet on top and serve a spoonful of sauce on top of each roll.
- Serve immediately with a mashed potato nest filled with your favourite array of vegetables.