4 whole shrimp, peeled & deveined
2 tsp. olive oil
1/4 tsp. of sweet paprika
sea salt and ground pepper
pinch of garlic powder
1 – 1/2inch slice of Manouri cheese
3 cups of loosely packed mixed greens, washed and dried
1/2 cup sweet cherry tomatoes
2 Tbsp. sliced red onions
3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp. Dijon-style mustard
1 tsp. red wine vinegar
squirt of honey
2 tsp. chopped chives
1/2 tsp. dried Greek oregano
1-2 strips of zucchini
1-2 strips of Japanese eggplant
6 green beans, trimmed
salt and pepper
oil for frying
- Peel t he shells off your shrimp, leaving the tails in tact (leave the head on as well). Devein your shrimp (use my toothpick method) and rinse and pat-dry. Toss the shrimp with oil, garlic, paprika and salt and pepper and reserve.
- Wash your greens and pat-dry or pass through your salad spinner and set aside. Take a large bowl and add your mustard, honey, and vinegar and whisk. Now slowly add the olive oil while whisking until emulsified. Add the salt and pepper to taste and chives and oregano then reserve.
- Thinly slice your zucchini and eggplant lengthwise with a mandoline and trim your beans. Place some flour in a plate and season with salt and pepper. Dredge the vegetables in flour, then dip in cold water and once again dredge in flour. Add enough oil into a fry pan to fill it to 1 inch and when hot, add the vegetables are fry until crisp and golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and reserve on paper-lined towel. Sprinkle sparingly with sea salt.
- Place a grill pan on your stove-top over medium-high heat and add about a Tbsp. of olive. When the pan is hot, add the Manouri cheese and grill for 1 1/2 – 2 minutes a side. Carefully remove and reserve. In the same grill pan, add your shrimp and grill for 1 minute a side or flip when pink.
- Time to assemble the salad. Add the mixed greens, tomatoes and onions into the bowl with dressing and toss to coat the greens. Place the zucchini and eggplant strips in a cross pattern on your plate then top with your salad greens. Place the Manouri cheese on top of the salad and place the shrimp around the cheese. Place the fried green beans upright leaning on the cheese and serve.
Pair with a chilled bottle of Gerovassliou Chardonnay.