(makes 6 waffles)
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 cups milk
1/4 cup sugar (or honey)
1/4 cup veg oil or melted butter
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
- Into one bowl, add all the dry ingredients, stir with a fork and set aside.
- Into another (large) bowl, add the wet ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Now add the dry into wet ingredients while whisking until batter is just smooth.
- Pre-heat your waffle maker. When ready, treat your waffle maker with a bit of cooking spray, pour into 1/4 to 1/3 batter.
- Cook waffles according to your machine’s instructions. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve warm (re-heat in the oven) or store in zip-lock bags and place in your freezer for future use (toast or reheat in oven).
- Smear some butter, pour maple syrup and enjoy.