1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup diced white onion
1/3 cup diced green peppers
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. tomato paste
1/3 cup tomato sauce (Passata or fresh grated)
1/4 tsp sweet paprika
1 bay leaf
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 cup par-boiled long-grain rice (Uncle Ben’s style), rinsed
1lb. (454 gr.) Frozen seafood medley, thawed overnight in fridge
3 cups of hot vegetable, seafood or chicken stock (or water)
salt and pepper to taste
4 Tbsp. unsalted butter (optional but tastes great)
- Place a medium sized pot on your stovetop, medium heat. Add the onions, garlic and sweat for 5-6 minutes or until translucent. Now add half the parsley, tomato paste and stir in and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, paprika, bay leaf and stir in. Add the wine and rice and stir in, simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Add the rice, stir in then add the seafood medley and stock and bring up to a boil. Season with some salt and pepper and once boiling, cover and reduce to medium/low.
- Simmer, stir bottom occasionally while covered for about 20 minutes. There should be some liquid remaining and the rice should be cooked. If not cover and check in 5 minute intervals.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, add butter and remaining parsley, stir in. Spoon into portions or platter and serve.