5 large eggs
1 cup of strained Greek yogurt
1 cup of self-rising flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup olive oil
3 bunches of scallions, finely chopped 3 zucchinis, diced
1 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
1 cup Kasseri, grated
1 cup of chopped fresh dill
ground pepper to taste
sweet paprika to taste (and for garnish) slices of zucchini rounds (for finishing)
a 15» X 10» baking tray, greased with vegetable oil
Pre-heated 350F oven
- Into a large skillet, add your olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add your chopped onions and diced zucchini (with some salt) and saute over medium heat for about 20 minutes to soften and have most of the water content evaporate (should reduce to about half). Take off the heat and reserve.
- In a large bowl, whisk your eggs for a couple of minutes until mixed well and then add your flour and baking powder and mix in. Add your yogurt and stir in to mix.
- Now add your grated cheeses and sauteed vegetables and mix to incorporate. Add some ground black pepper and sweet paprika. Have a taste and adjust seasoning (probably will not need any salt).
- Stir in the the chopped fresh dill and pour the mixture into your greased baking dish.
- Top with round slices of zucchini and sprinkle some sweet paprika over the entire mixture.
- Place on the middle rack of your pre-heated oven and baked for approx. 1 hour.
- Allow to rest for about 15 minutes and then cut up into slices.
- Serve warm or room temperature with a side salad.