(Makes 2 medium or 1 large Ladenia)
For the Dough
1 1/2 cups warm water
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/8 cup olive oil
1 1/2 tsp. active dry yeast
1/2 tsp. salt
3 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 large onions, sliced
2 large tomatoes, cut in half then cut into half-moon slices
coarse sea salt
ground black pepper
2 Tbsp. dry Greek oregano
extra-virgin olive oil (for finishing)
Pre-heated 400F oven
1. In a large bowl, add your yeast, sugar, and warm water and allow about 7-10 minutes to activate (as evidenced with the bubbling). Now add your salt and olive oil add about 2 cups of flour into the mixture. Keep on adding flour while kneading on a floured work surface until your dough is pliable and no longer sticks to your hands.
2. Spread some olive oil on your round baking pan and sprinkle some fine semolina flour. Roll out your pizza dough to the approx. circumference of your pan and allow the dough to rise for about 30 minutes in a warm spot in the home. You may now preheat your oven.
3. Pour and evenly spread the olive oil over your dough, followed by spreading out the sliced onions all over area of the Ladenia. Now top with your tomato slices, coarse sea salt, black pepper and dry Greek oregano.
4. Bake on the middle rack of your oven for 40-45 minutes until the edges have just browned and the top has a light brown colour.
5. Serve hot or cold, as a meal or a snack.