Look at what’s on my table…baked sole! Canada boasts of having alot of fish and despite Toronto being a 3 hour flight from the Pacific and a 9o minute flight from the Atlantic, we get some decent Canadian seafood flown into town and some weekly shipments of Mediterranean fish from Europe.
Pistachio Crusted Sole
4 sole fillets
1/2 cup shelled pistachios
zest of 1/2 lemon
zest of 1/2 lime
zest of 1/2 orange
4 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
1 cup bread crumbs
salt & pepper
Pre-heated 400F oven
- Roughly chop your pistachios and place in a bowl. Mix in your 3 types of zest, parsley and bread crumbs. While stirring with a spoon, slowly add some olive oil until the mixture sticks together.
- Season your fillets with salt and pepper and brush each top part of the fillet with Dijon mustard.
- Pack the breading on top of each fillet and place on a baking sheet that’s been treated with oil.
- Place in the upper middle rack of your oven bake for 20 minutes or until the tops have turned golden brown.
- Serve with some rice and boiled/steamed greens tossed in olive oil and lemon juice. Pair with an Assyrtiko white from Santorini.