4 rock lobster tails, approx. 1 lb. each
1 tsp salt
1 tsp. sweet paprika
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
Lemon Butter Sauce
2 sticks salted butter, melted (or 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil)
1 clove of garlic, minced
2 tsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. finely chopped parsley + 2 Tbsp. finely chopped chives (mixed together)
pre-heated 450F oven
- Chances are you are using a frozen lobster tail. If so, thaw overnight in the fridge.
- Pre-heat your oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using kitchen scissors, cut the top side of the shell through the middle down to the tail. Carefully open the two sides of the shell to reveal the meat and carefully push up over the shell. Close the shell so that it acts as a platform for the meat.
- If the scissors didn’t cut open the middle of the meat, make a shallow cut down the middle and remove any visible vein and discard.
- Brush the tops of the lobster meat with olive oil or melted butter, season with salt, paprika and garlic powder.
- Place lobster tails in your pre-heated oven and cook for approx. 12 minutes.
- While the lobster is in the oven, make your butter sauce by placing all the ingredients in a small pot and bring up to a boil. Reduce to heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Keep warm.
- When lobster tails are cooked, take out of the oven and spoon butter sauce over each tail and sprinkle herb mixture on top.
- Serve with rice and your choice of vegetable side.