1 cup (250gr) unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup plain yoghurt
3 cups all purpose flour, sifted
pinch of salt
6 large eggs (whites & yolks separated)
1 shot of orange liqueur
1 Tbsp. of baking powder
zest of 1 orange
10inch round spring form pan
Pre-heated 350F oven
- Whip your egg whites into a meringue and reserve. In a large bowl, use a mixer to blend the butter, sugar and add yolks, one at a time.
- Add the yoghurt, liqueur and the zest then add the flour, salt and baking powder. Slowly fold the meringue into the batter.
- Place a foil-wrapped coin randomly into the cake mix.
- Bake on the middle rack for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool on a rack for an hour.
- Make a paper stencil of the new year you’re celebrating, place it on the cake and dust the top of the cake with icing sugar. Remove stencil and reserve to cut at New Year’s.